Mission & Values
SAINT PAUL DIOCESAN JUNIOR/SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Saint Paul Diocesan Junior/Senior High School is a co-educational, multicultural, faith-filled Catholic Community rooted in God's love and the Joy of the Gospel. Together, we form our minds, hearts, and souls in pursuit of excellence by seeking to develop the whole person. Conscious of Jesus' message that lasting happiness is found in love of God and neighbor, we strive to grow intellectually, spiritually, and morally in light of the great Catholic intellectual tradition. With God’s grace, we endeavor to strengthen our relationship with God, and to use our knowledge and unique gifts in service to others.
Romans 12:2: Be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect.
The values that form the foundation of our community
- We embrace the call to respect the inherent dignity of all as individuals created in God’s image and likeness.
- We embrace the call to be compassionate to all our brothers and sisters.
- We embrace the call to be honest and trustworthy, following our well-formed conscience in all that we are.
- We embrace the call to show unquestioned integrity in the way in which we live our lives.
FAITH AND REASON
- We dedicate ourselves to cultivating an active and vibrant faith life that is Christ-centered and grounded in Gospel values.
- We dedicate ourselves to fostering the search for the Truth across all subject areas so that we come to an understanding of who we are and who we are called to be in relation to God, self, and others.
- We dedicate ourselves to fostering a dialogue that brings faith to bear on contemporary cultural and social issues
- We strive for excellence in the witness of our faith following the moral teachings of the Church and our call to holiness.
- We strive for academic excellence through a holistic and challenging curriculum.
- We strive for athletic excellence through perseverance, discipline, commitment, and team building.
- We strive for artistic excellence through the development of our gifts and talents.
- We foster a faith-filled community that flows from the Catholic faith, is Christ-centered, and grounded in Gospel values as we grow closer to God together.
- We foster a community that appreciates the beauty of God’s creation and our responsibility as stewards of that creation.
- We foster a community that embraces the diversity of its members and promotes unity, reconciliation, and justice.
- We foster a community that encourages students to discover their God-given gifts in service of others as they work toward the building of a just and peaceful world.
EMBRACING OUR CATHOLIC IDENTITY
As a Catholic institution, Saint Paul Diocesan Junior/Senior High School ensures the faithful transmission of the teachings of the Church and an appreciation of the role of faith and reason in the search for the Truth across all subject areas so that students come to an understanding of who they are in relation to God, self, and others.
Providing a holistic education that is grounded in the rich Catholic intellectual tradition, which has fostered a dialogue between faith and culture (reason) for over two millennia, Saint Paul Diocesan Junior/Senior High School introduces students to the deepest questions of the human heart as they discover how they will lead a meaningful and purposeful life.
Seeking to form young men and women who will be active participants in the life of the Church and society as a whole, students receive a rigorous and challenging academic experience that will form their minds, hearts, and souls.
Graduates of Saint Paul will be intellectually prepared to pursue higher education studies, ethically formed to live morally responsible lives, and spiritually motivated to live out their faith as they use their knowledge to improve the world in service to others.
The school’s administrators, faculty, and staff are dedicated to promoting and deepening the Catholic identity and mission of the school, and sharing in the teaching ministry of the Diocesan Bishop. In this way they participate in the new evangelization through their teaching and the example of their lives.
Saint Paul fosters a Catholic community of learners who appreciate the inherent dignity of all persons, understanding that all humanity is created in the image and likeness of God. The unique gifts and talents of each student are valued, cultivated, and will contribute to the richness of Saint Paul.