Our next entrance exam is scheduled for:
- Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 8:15 AM
The format of the entrance exam is online only. You must register for the online entrance exam through our 2021-2022 application form. Further details about the online entrance exam will be emailed to you prior to the exam date. Registration will close by 9:00 AM on Tuesday, February 23, 2021.
Please note: The entrance exam must be taken by applicants entering the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade. Applicants entering grades 10-12 will be required to complete an interview with the Admissions Office.
Please read all instructions below before registering for the online entrance exam. There are steps that must be taken prior to the test date. We will email all test takers detailed instructions after registration has closed. If you do not receive communication about the online entrance exam from Saint Paul, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- Be sure that you are by yourself in a location free from distractions.
- Your testing device (PC or laptop) should be working well. All other windows on the device should be closed, and only one browser should be open for the exam.
- We do not recommend taking the exam on a MacBook Pro or Chromebook due to technical issues. A PC or laptop is highly recommended.
- Connect to the internet via Ethernet cable.
- Clear browser cache and cookies.
- Ensure that you have plenty of Wi-Fi bandwidth for your device.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, all members of the household or people connected to the Wi-Fi should place their device on airplane mode for the duration of the exam session (about 2.5 hours) so your Wi-Fi is not interrupted.
- You may NOT have any other electronic devices with you in the testing space (phone, tablets, television, calculator, etc).
- Have several sheets of blank scratch paper, as well as a pen or pencil to take notes and work out math problems.
- There are often four options for answers: A,B,C,D
- There are five test sections, or subtests, and a countdown clock is shown for each particular subtest (or section). You will be required to complete three test sections (Reading, Math, and Language Arts).
- The test questions are on the left center of the screen and the choices will be to the LEFT side of the screen. You will need to press/select NEXT to advance to the next question or PREVIEW to go back. The Previous or Next button is located at the top of the page.
- When you log in you will need to carefully read and agree to the Code of Conduct when you begin the tutorial.
- The exam is private, secure, and the intellectual property of the Scholastic Testing Service (STS).
- It is essential that you do not record (screenshot, video, or photo) or communicate any aspects of the exam.
- The test session will begin at 8:15 am. (The test must be taken during the designated time period.)
- You will likely finish the test between 10:30 and 11:00 am.
- The test will last two and a half hours and includes two breaks that you give yourself.
- Testing time clock will be per test section (or subtest) and will begin once you begin that test section.
Test Sections (Subtests) and Rest Periods
- Verbal Skills: SKIP
- Quantitative Skills: SKIP
- Two-minute break
- Reading (comprehension and vocabulary): 25 minutes
- Math: 45 minutes
- Five-minute break
- Language Arts: 25 minutes
- Pay attention to your time. The test is designed to have you use the time allotted.
- Work diligently and efficiently; don’t dwell on one question too long. Feel free to move on to the next question if you don’t know the answer.
- Use the scratch paper and pencil you’ve placed in your testing space to work out mathematical problems or make notes (you will shred and dispose of these papers after the exam).
- If you have time, check over your work in the test section prior to clicking “Finish.”
- Once you click “Finish”, you may not go back into that particular test section. Be sure you are ready to move forward before clicking “Finish”.
- Take a deep breath and relax! You will do great!!